Monday 24 March 2014

Loosing the best track I've ever made was the best thing to happen to my music...

So my computer drowned and died, I lost all of my french house track I was making!

And with my new mac mini, I painstakingly tried to recreate it. I knew what songs influenced the original, I remembered the chord progressions I used, but it just sounded like arse. So I scrapped it. Well, I kept a few elements such as the kick drum, tempo and snare, even if they were eventually tweaked!

But I went the total opposite direction, Mr Oizo stylee! and this is the result:



I know it is possibly too similar to Mr Oizo, but who can blame me, his new stuff isn't the same (although it's still amazing, but that bass sound just isn't there!) with parallel tube distortion on the high-hats, a bass sound that opened a gate on a vinyl sample, analog gear everywhere, and a lead sound which I will simply just hint was made sampling a certain Trap music song... I've really expanded my experimentation!

Expect more of this from me, I really enjoy it! It's fun, it's not to be taken too seriously, yet still have that head-nod vibe to it and some proper interesting elements of sound.

I'm working on a samba/cowbell influenced mainstream bro-step track at the moment (don't worry it's better than it sounds) and I'm really going to get stuck in to this french house stuff!!

have a download of the track above, and yes, that is my face in the image...

No comments:

Post a Comment